UK: +44 (0) 20 3922 1222 / AUSTRALIA: +61 (0) 2 9053 9703
Select Page

Digital Transformation is something that we have focussed on all the way through our formative years; we felt it was being done poorly and with little focus or focus on the wrong aspects of what is required to make it successful.

At the outset we always believed it was about people first, yet most organisations focused on the technology with little care for how user-friendly or adaptive that tech was. As the cloud has grown in popularity and (more importantly) acceptance, it has become easier to leverage incredible computing power at a fraction of the previous cost, thus making the proliferation of digital transformation far more widespread. But…. It has moved on. Digital transformation is now too generic a term. There are lots of options for digitising your working environment, but most involve disparate commoditised systems deployed almost ad-hoc to replace existing on-premise or legacy systems one step at a time.

This is wrong, it’s worse than sticking with what you have. Disparate systems do not for a good user experience make. Digital transformation is best achieved by re-framing it as the ‘future of our organisation; our digital workplace’ (or some such working title) anyway, the premise is this; you need a single, integrated well thought-out strategy that links ALL your systems, applications and processes together. A seamless user-experience that is intuitive and adaptive will yield the best results in terms of user engagement. And when you stop to think about it, that is entirely what the goal should be – book-ended by security and cost of course.

It’s people first, not tech first.

More so than ever we have a diverse workplace, so the deployment of typically costly and complex enterprise systems no longer works. At best they suit 5% of your workforce, the other 95% having to adapt what they do.. which they don’t. well they do, but they work out other ways to get things done, places to store information, which leads to disparate practices, disjointed processes, lack of communication and collaboration and ultimately, employees who disengage. That’s failure.

Here’s a much-publicised infographic that’s nice and simple and demonstrates not only how diverse we are in today’s workplace, but also adds some meat on the diversity bone. How do we consume information?

The answer is a human-centric Digital Workplace, one that meets every user in their comfort zone and gives them several ways to interact with a single source of data, enabling them to continue working how they have always done, but in a way that integrates completely with their colleagues. Want to know more?

You may also like:

How to share your Outlook calendar

Sharing your Outlook calendar within your own organization. Sharing your Outlook calendar is a common question we see so this post is a very...

How to stay signed in to Microsoft 365

Logging into and staying logged into Microsoft/Office 365 One of the conveniences of the modern world is being able to sign in to a service is...

Don’t panic! – How to retrieve an older version of a document

Last weekend an event at home inspired me to write this blog post. It's worth noting that although this post discusses OneDrive, the principles...

How to setup Multi Factor Authentication on your Microsoft 365 account

How to setup MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) and the Microsoft Authenticator App on your MS 365 Account Once your administrator has enabled...

New Rules of Working

Now in the eighth month since COVID-19 first emerged, it is clear the changes that simply had to happen in the workplace are very much here to...

How to share files in SharePoint/OneDrive

Sharing files with internal or external users in both OneDrive & SharePoint is something we get asked a lot, it can be a little confusing...

Password Protect Documents and PDFs with Microsoft Office

Securing your documents is important, particularly when sharing them externally. There are a number of ways to 'Share' documents saved in...

Which browser should I be using for Microsoft 365?

The question of which browser you should be using when accessing Microsoft 365 is one that we at ISAAC are often asked. This blog post will...